Spanish Festivals and Traditions
On May 15th there is the Fiesta de San Isidro to the honour of Madrid's patron, one of the most spectacular events in all the year with numerous concerts and other kinds of public performances.
All but different is Feria de Abril, taking place two weeks later. You will have the opportunity to see the typical flamenco dresses, which almost all women wear.
Year after year, each and every village proudly enjoys the beauty and mystery of "Semana Santa" although there are variances and some towns for instance, will preserve certain traditions more than others.
The festival of San Fermin is by far the best known event taking place in Pamplona. TV-spectators in all the world are surprised, impressed or shocked each year when they watch the spectacle of bulls running.
Choose a fiesta or festival:
- La Tomatina in Buñol, Valencia.
- Carnavales in Tenerife and also in Cádiz.
- Romería del Rocío, Huelva.
- Danza de los Zancos, La Rioja.
- Las Fallas, Valencia.
- La Tamborrada, San Sebastián.
- Herri Kilorak, País Vasco.
- La diada de Sant Jordi, Barcelona.
- Las Nieves, Pontevedra.
- Moros & cristianos, Alcoy, Valencia.
- La Candelaria, Madrid.
- San Juan, Spain.
- Els Castellers, Tarragona.
- Navidad, Spain