Spanish Courses in Cuzco, Peru
Description of the don Quijote Cuzco School
Our partner school in Cuzco is located in a colonial building just one quick block from Cuzco's main square, the Plaza de las Armas. The school building includes 25 classrooms of varying sizes, a very spacious meeting room and a sunny terrace.
Classes take place from Monday to Friday, except on official holidays. All classes are close to an hour in duration and are programmed between the hours of 8:10am and 8:00pm. Students can give their preference for certain hours.
All teachers are native Spanish speakers and receive ongoing teacher training during their employment. The teachers are committed to giving students the richest possible experience of Peruvian culture and customs. They also have proficiency in at least one foreign language: English, German or French.
- Intensive group course: 20 group classes/week
- One to One private course: 20 classes/week
- Best of Both:20 group + 10 One to One
- Spanish on location: 1 week program in Rainforest Tambopata
- Volunteer Programmes: a minimum of 4-week Spanish course is required to be eligible for the volunteer programme.
You can choose from 2 accommodation options, all located within the city of Cuzco. Local host families and a student house:
- The Host Family Plus package offers a house with a courtyard or garden, a more spacious room, and food adapted to your desires. Host families provide three meals a day (full board)
- The Student Residence, which is located in the same building as the school, features rooms with shared bath, a big terrace and a common kitchen/living room. This option includes half board
Activities and Excursions
The school includes a dynamic, interesting and fun leisure programme to complement the process of learning Spanish. All activities are directed towards socialising in a learning environment and increasing the student's knowledge of Peruvian culture.
The most common activities are:
- Cultural workshops
- Peruvian music
- Cooking lessons
- Dance classes
- Varied excursions and trips