Spanish Courses in Oaxaca, Mexico
Description of the don Quijote Oaxaca School
Our partner school in Oaxaca is located in the city center, just 2 blocks from the beautiful 16th century Santo Domingo Convent and 4 blocks from the city's Zócalo – Mexican name for a Main Square. This privileged setting means that you'll find a plethora of internet cafes, restaurants, museums and art galleries in the vicinity. The building is an old colonial home with thick walls that keep classrooms cool and with a large central patio that is perfect for socializing with international friends over a drink or snack.
- Intensive group course: 15 group classes/week
- Super-intensive group course: 25 group classes/week
- One to One private course: 15 One to One classes + 10 group classes/week
- Teacher of Spanish Group Course: 2 weeks (20 classes/week)
- Teacher of Spanish One to One: 2 weeks (15 classes/week)
- Teacher of Spanish Group + One to One: 2 weeks (10 group classes + 15 One to One / week)
- Spanish for Life: 12 weeks or more with Intensive, Super Intensive or One to One courses
- Academic Year & Semester Programs: 20 weeks or more with Intensive, Super Intensive or One to One courses
The group classes, with a maximum of 5 students per group, are held from 9:00am to 2:00pm (until 12:00pm for the Intensive course) and are composed of 3 lessons of conversational grammar and 2 lessons of practical conversation and/or lectures if you opt for the Super intensive course (which goes on from 12:20pm to 2:00pm without breaks). The One to One lessons are offered in the afternoons from 2:30pm to 5:30pm with a 20 minute break.
A movie is shown each week during one of the conversation classes. During the conversation hours, lectures are given in Mexican history, Zapotecan culture, national holidays, etc
Carefully selected families, located within 20 minutes walking of the school, offer you single rooms with half board.
Activities and Excursions
In the afternoons we offer workshops and activities that include:
- Arts and crafts
- Salsa classes
- Singing Mexican songs
- A fiesta or a picnic.
In Oaxaca we offer one-day excursions to Monte Alban, Hierve el Agua, "el Tule" tree, Mezcal distilleries, and beautiful churches and convents.