Spanish Courses in Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Description of the don Quijote Playa del Carmen School
Our partner school in Mexico's Playa del Carmen is just a mere 6 blocks distance from the inviting white sand beaches. Better yet, classes are held outside under thatched roofs amidst our own tropical gardens, so you can enjoy the full Caribbean experience while soaking in the knowledge of a new language.
The school provides a well-stocked library, open-air and air-conditioned conference rooms (perfect for guitar and salsa classes), a cafeteria, a volleyball court and gardens where you can relax during breaks or after the classes.
- Intensive group course: 15 group classes/week
- Super-intensive group course: 25 group classes/week
- One to One private course: 15 One to One classes + 10 group classes/week
- Premium Spanish Super Intensive: 15 mini-group classes/week + 10 One to One classes
- Premium Spanish Super Immersion: 25 mini-group classes/week + 15 One to One classes
- Teacher of Spanish Group Course: 2 weeks (20 classes/week)
- Teacher of Spanish One to One: 2 weeks (15 classes/week)
- Teacher of Spanish Group + One to One: 2 weeks (10 group classes + 15 One to One / week)
- Spanish for Life: 12 weeks or more with Intensive, Super Intensive or One to One courses
- Academic Year & Semester Programs: 20 weeks or more with Intensive, Super Intensive or One to One courses
The group classes, with a maximum of 5 students per group, are held from 9:00am to 2:00pm (until 12:00 for the Intensive course) and are composed of 3 lessons of conversational grammar and 2 lessons of practical conversation and/or lectures if you opt for the Super intensive course (continues from 12:20pm to 2:00pm without breaks). The individual lessons are offered in the afternoons from 2:30pm to 5:30pm with a 20 minute break.
During the conversation hours, lectures are given on Mexican history, Zapotecan culture, national holidays, etc.
- Home Stays: Carefully selected families, located within 20 minutes walking of the school, offer you single or shared rooms* with breakfast or half board.
- Student Residence: You'll stay in a single or shared room*. Breakfast only
* Shared room only available for 2 students traveling together.
Activities and Excursions
In the afternoons we offer workshops and activities that include:
- Arts and crafts
- Salsa classes
- Singing Mexican songs
- A fiesta or a picnic